- Poster presentation award: Kyrousi Christina, International Congress on Stem Cells and Tissue Formation, July 8-11 2014, Dresden, Germany
- Poster presentation award: Kyrousi C., Spella M., Lygerou Z., Taraviras S. The mechanisms that govern self-renewal and differentiation decisions of the embryonic cortical progenitors are regulated by Geminin.25ο Conference HSN, November 2011, Patras, Greece.
- Poster award from Hellenic Society for Neurosciences:“A Stathopoulou, D. Natarajan., M. Spella., D. Karamitros, Z. Lygerou, V. Pachnis, S. Taraviras, Investigating the role of Geminin in enteric neural crest cells, Days of Neuroscience, Hellenic Society for Neurosciences, October 1-2 2010, Athens, Greece”
- Best oral presentation award: Spella M., Kyrousi C., Kritikou E., Lygerou Z., Taraviras S. Geminin represents a new regulator of cortical neural progenitor self-renewal and differentiation. 61st Conference of Hellenic Society of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, October 2010, Alexandroupoli, Greece.
- Poster presentation merit: Spella M., Kyrousi C., Lygerou Z., Flordellis C. and Taraviras S. Geminin and Cdt1 delineate progenitors of the developing mouse nervous system. 2nd Bioscience Conference, University of Patrass, April 2007, Patras, Greece.
- “Papanicolaou Cytopathology Research Award” for the study titled «Overexpression of the Replication Licensing Regualtors hCdt1 and hCdc6 Characterizes a Subset of Non-Small Cell Lung Carcinomas. Synergistic Effect with Mutant p53 on Tumor Growth and Chromosomal Instability. Evidence of E2F-1 Transcriptional Control over hCdt1. Karakaidos P, Taraviras S, Vassiliou L, Zacharatos P, Kastrinakis N, Kougiou D., Kouloukoussa M, Nishitani H., Papavassiliou A, Lygerou Z, Gorgoulis V. 30th European Congress of Cytology, Athens, 12-15 October 2004.